Take advantage of the fairs
Every year, Dassault Aviation takes part in about a dozen Job Fairs at leading schools and universities.
At these events, you can meet Human Resources managers and young executives doing jobs that correspond to your qualifications or who have graduated from your school or university.
At a Job Fair, we aim to inform you about our corporate culture, our values, our specific features, our lines of business and our future, and to listen to the questions you have about your future, examine the possibility of a future collaboration and advise you on all the ways to secure it: international enterprise volunteer schemes, internships, work-based learning or employment.
Our advice for preparing a job fair
A unique opportunity
Don’t wait until the last year of your course. Whatever level of education you have reached, a student job fair is a great opportunity to make contact and talk directly to professionals, to learn about the corporate world and the specific features of our company (industries, products or services, jobs, roles, opportunities, etc.).
Think ahead: your professional future is a major stake.
To optimise your talks with us:
- Do some prior research about Dassault Aviation: before the fair, gather information from the brochures made available in your schools, from the Web site, the press, etc.
- Identify the main lines of business and jobs, familiarize yourself with our culture and try to imagine yourself being part of it;
- Be prepared to tell us about yourselves: this will require some thought and analysis, and particularly means you must know yourself well.
Above all, get organized!
A few days before the fair, using the fair’s web site or presentation pack:
- choose 5 or 6 companies that really appeal to you: no more, otherwise you might get confused or swamped;
- also choose one company that does not really interest you: a meeting with it may prove very enlightening.
- Define your goals and your priorities
- What do you want from each company: informal contacts, information, advice about your plans, etc.?
Make a success of the fair
On the actual day, act like a “professional”.
Take care over your presentation
- Do not overlook your oral presentation, know how to talk about yourself and above all, be yourself with our representatives.
- Ask them the questions you want to ask even if they might seem rather basic.
- Clearly express your motivations or your questions about the company’s activities, jobs, culture, etc. and talk about yourself: emphasize your interests, your personal tastes and ambitions.
Some mistakes to avoid
- Simply picking up brochures.
- Handing out CVs without being asked to do so and especially without first having