Statement released by the GIFAS (Groupement des Industries Françaises Aéronautiques et Spatiales) - 2022/24/08

In terms of emissions, aviation as a whole represents 2% of global CO2 emissions. Business aviation represents 10% of traffic and 2% of these emissions, or 0.04% of CO2 emissions worldwide. (1)

Business aviation in France represents 2.6% of world traffic, and therefore 0.001% of global CO2 emissions. Large business jets (Falcon type) in France represent 0.00025% of global CO2 emissions.

At the European level, business aviation represents 0.006% of global CO2 emissions.

Business aviation, whose flagships in France are Dassault Aviation, Daher and a number of general aviation manufacturers, is a working tool for companies, which are the main users: 80% of flights operated in France are for business purposes; the remaining 20% being government, medical assistance/evacuation or private flights. (2)

Business aviation is a safe and fast means of transport, complementary to other modes of transport, which enables the economic development of the regions through a large network of airfields.

In addition, many Falcon (Dassault Aviation) and TBM (Daher) aircraft have been modified to perform medical evacuation, special transport, training, flight tests, aerial photography, maritime surveillance and military intelligence missions...

Finally, business aviation, like general aviation, contributes to the fight against global warming through the research programs of the CORAC (the French Council for Civil Aeronautics Research) to achieve a low-carbon aviation, and take their full part, with the support of the government.

In the short term, this positive trend is continuing with the use of Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF). For example, all Falcon and TBM aircraft can already use a blend of 50% SAF and 50% kerosene. Studies are underway to validate the switch to 100% SAF fuel.

(1) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) 2020.
(2) EBAA France



FalconWays, winner of the Aviation Week Laureate Award

Dassault Aviation was presented with the highly prestigious “Aviation Week Laureate Award” at a ceremony held in Washington on March 14.

Read the news

focus civil

to discover

The falcon website


The Dassault Adventure

Consult the complete Falcon Saga in the Dassault Aviation historical timeline