Dassault Aviation presents its aircraft in virtual reality on Oculus Rift: “Immersive Dassault Aviation”
On 12th April 2014, Dassault Aviation achieved a world first with a formation flight by a combat UAV (the nEUROn), a civil aircraft (the Falcon 7X) and a fighter aircraft (the Rafale).
Through Dassault Aviation’s combination of innovative aeronautics and digital technology, anyone can now make this formation flight in 3D virtual reality with the “Immersive Dassault Aviation” application.
The “Immersive Dassault Aviation” application was revealed for the first time at last summer’s air shows, the Paris Air Show in particular. Its goal is to present the company’s aircraft and to share its passion for aeronautics. [document-xiti href=”https://www.dassault-aviation.com/fr/wp-content/extra/Immersive-Dassault-Aviation.zip” label=”Download Immersive Dassault Aviation now”].
The “Immersive Dassault Aviation” application was conceived and designed by the E-Communication team at Dassault Aviation and by the Modedemploi SOFTEAM Digital agency and places the player at the controls of the Rafale, flying over the majestic peaks of the Mont-Blanc range. The 360° 3D immersion in the midst of the aircraft is a quite stunning experience…
3 play modes are proposed:
- Watch the “Immersive Dassault Aviation” Trailer
- Download the “Immersive Dassault Aviation” User Guide
- [document-xiti href=”https://www.dassault-aviation.com/fr/wp-content/extra/Immersive-Dassault-Aviation.zip” label=”Download the Immersive Dassault Aviation application”] (.zip)
To use the module:
– run the .exe file
– get an Oculus Rift helmet
- Download the press release