On December 15, 1938, the MB 152 made its first flight at Villacoublay, piloted by Rodolphe Blanc.
On this day, in 1938, the MB 152 made its first flight at Villacoublay, piloted by Rodolphe Blanc.
Despite its limited radius of action, its poor maneuverability at altitude and the lack of power from its engine, the MB 152 proved to be a very sturdy aircraft, much better able to withstand damage than the other types in service. According to its users, it was a very stable firing platform and was quick to reach high speeds in a dive.
By the time war was declared, 249 MB 151 and 152 had left the assembly lines. By 10th May 1940, 140 MB 151 and 363 MB 152 had been accepted by the French Air Force and sixteen MB 151 had been allocated to the French Naval Air Force. The MB 152, which was the fighter in most widespread use at the time of the Armistice, was about to be replaced with more modern aircraft.